Assignment due: Project Critique 2
We will look to the readings and discuss several ways that DH work can operate beyond screens and 2D.
- Making the Model: Scholarship and Rhetoric in 3-D Historical Reconstructions, Elaine Sullivan, Angel David Nieves, and Lisa M. Snyder, Making things and drawing boundaries: Experiments in the digital humanities, Jentery Sayers, ed. 2017
- Hearing eugenics, Sounding out!, 2016
- Touching Data Through Personal Devices: Engaging Somatic Practice and Haptic Design in Felt Experiences of Personal Data
- ‘We give access to a lost world’: Assassin’s Creed’s new life as a virtual museum , The Guardian, March 27, 2018
- Catherine d’Ignazio and Lauren F. Klein, “Ch. 3: On Rational, Scientific, Objective Viewpoints from Mythical, Imaginary, Impossible Standpoints”, Data Feminism, MIT Press, 2020, p. 73-96, [Available through MSU Libraries as an ebook]