Special Needs & Accommodations

To receive accommodation for any disability, students must first register with the Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities. The RCPD will request appropriate documentation and make a determination regarding the nature of the accommodation to which a student is entitled.  The RCPD will then give the student a “visa” that specifies the kind of accommodation that may be provided. It is then the responsibility of the student seeking accommodation to present the visa to their instructor.

That said, we all learn in different ways and process information differently. Please talk to me as soon as possible about your individual learning needs and the ways in which I can accommodate and support you. 

Even if you do not have a documented disability, remember that there are support services available to you at MSU such as the Writing Center (writing.msu.edu) and the Neighborhood Student Success Collaborative (nssc.msu.edu).